You work hard all your life to provide for yourself and your family. However your hard work may be wasted if you fail to plan for what happens in the event you pass away or become incapacitated. At Walker Wallace PLC, we help clients plan for the future and protect their assets through wills and trusts and assistance in probate.
Our lawyers prepare wills and trusts with personalized provisions for healthcare, finances and the care of minor children. Our services include:
- Wills – Your will allows you to designate an executor to distribute your estate and ensure that your property is transferred to the beneficiaries of your choice. Without a will, your property passes according to Kentucky law.
- Trusts – In some situations a trust can be a beneficial estate planning tool.
- Powers of attorney – A power of attorney allows you to appoint a person to oversee your finances if you are no longer able to do so.
- Advanced medical directives – Also known as living wills, these directives allow you to designate someone to make medical decisions on your behalf in case you are no longer able to do so and to leave medical directions, including instructions regarding life support and organ donation.
- Guardianship’s and conservatorships – Guardianship provisions allow you to designate a guardian for your children in case you can no longer take care of them.
Probate in Kentucky
Probate is the process of settling and administering estates and guardianship’s in Kentucky. An estate is settled by winding up the financial matters of the deceased (decedent), collecting assets and paying debts and distributing the assets to the named beneficiaries in accordance with the terms of the will. If there is no will or trust, the estate is distributed to the next of kin in accordance with Kentucky law. Our probate lawyers can help family members throughout the probate process, including submitting a will for probate and helping to administer and settle the estate.
Wills and trusts lawyers offering personalized service in Louisville
At Walker Wallace PLC, we work hard to draft an individualized will or trust that meets all of your medical, financial and family needs. To learn more about our simple will and trust services, or for help with probate matters, stop by our comfortable South End Louisville office, or call us at 502-937-1125 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.